We conducted a thorough usability review of the School’s website to:
- Assess how well it is meeting user needs
- Make recommendations on how to improve the user experience
Our user researcher and digital strategist led a range of qualitative and quantitative activities, including:
- Top Task mapping and analysis – to (re)validate what the website’s users are coming to the site to achieve
- User experience survey – to gather data and insights on the current experience
- Website analytics review – with specific focus on search and navigation behaviours
- Moderated usability tests – with a range of website users
- 25 website Top Tasks – (re)validated and supported with evidence
- 15 overarching usability findings – each articulated with statistics and quotes from our research
- 15 recommendations to improve the user experience – including sitemap changes, navigation system updates, template changes, and configuration of the site search
We compiled a detailed final report and presentation for the team.
The School’s website team have now implemented our recommendations.