Content Production Planning
Producing all the content for a website or app project is a big job. Take control with a Content Strategist content production plan to ensure you launch with quality content on time and budget.
Content Production Planning
We help agencies and clients to publish quality, web project content on time.
Planning a website project?
Have you had time to think about how you will produce all the content for your new site? All the info pages, product descriptions, photos, videos, staff profiles... it quickly adds up.
A good quality web page will take at least 10 hours of combined effort to go through a content production process like this.
A site can easily have 50+ pages... so that’s 500 hours to produce the content for your new site!
That level of investment needs special attention. If you think we’re exaggerating (which we’re not), take a look at Stop underestimating content production for web projects blog post.
Failing to develop a content production plan is risky:
- projects are frequently delayed by content
- budgets blow-out because content costs are underestimated (or ignored completely!)
- poor quality content is migrated from the old site to save time
- content producers and owners are put under pressure as they juggle production with the day job
- stakeholders aren't consulted, causing tension
- poor content ultimately fails the project goals
Are you the agency?
Even if you aren't producing the content it is in your interests to help your client produce quality content on time.
Project delays are never a good thing and poor content lets the whole project down.
Take control with a Content Production Plan
We’ve purpose designed a unique service that quickly gives web project teams control of the content production process. Our experienced content strategist, Liam King, can work on behalf of an agency or directly with a business client to deliver this.
Benefits of the plan
- produce and publish good quality content (that will achieve your goals)
- ensure your content is ready for launch
- prioritise and manage the flow of content
- best manage your limited staff resources
- minimise budget blowouts from content delays
- develop a shared approach to content production
What does the Plan include?
- Content Strategist facilitated content production planning workshop
- custom recommendations and guidance
- custom content workflow diagram
- set up of content production tools
- custom guidance on activities, roles and skills
- consultation with the Content Strategist at all stages
About our content production planning workshops
Participants work in teams to co-design the appropriate content production (editorial) process to meet the specific needs of your web project.
The workshop's carefully designed (and refined) activities are facilitated by our experienced Content Strategist to maximise every participant’s input and extract the most important ideas.
- identify content production pain points, bottlenecks, and skill gaps (early)
- develop ideas to solve issues and mitigate identified risks
- focus website project stakeholders back onto the content (challenge)
- foster internal ownership and confidence in the production process
The workshop outputs are analysed by the Content Strategist and shape the final content production plan recommendations, materials, and templates.
Length: 2 hours | Participants: 4-8 (inc. project manager, site owner/s, content producers, content owners) | Location: run on or off site | Materials: all provided by our Content Strategist.
We've got a reputation for content production planning...
Watch Liam's guest webinar presentation with GatherContent where he shares his hard won insights around designing a content production process for website projects:
Get in touch (below) if you're interested in a masterclass or coaching on content production planning. We're always happy to share our experience.
And there's lots of expert advice in our growing archive of Content Production Planning blog articles.
We should talk!
If you have a content production challenge on your hands or just want to find our more about our services, say hello...